www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Big Bay de Noc Salmon and first visit for bass/walleye

Default Big Bay de Noc Salmon and first visit for bass/walleye

I'm planning my first outing to Big Bay deNoc. I'd like to Salmon fish an evening/morning and spend the daytime looking for some bass. I've fished out of fairport with a friend, but not bay de noc. Wondering if the Salmon are still there and/or if there are good spots on Bay de Noc as well.
    I guess I was looking at the humps/shoals and droppoffs for bass and walleyes as well as the South Western shore towards the lighthouse. I've got my walleye choice harnesses ready for crawlers.... now where to begin fishing?

Any advice?
    Last edited by acesario; 08-30-2009 at 01:28 AM.

Salmon fishing there (FP) is slowing. My last trip was 1 wk ago, we took 5 kings, 1 greaser and 1 bugeater. All kings immature, the mature fish are staging/moving. Fished deep water last week, 180fow+. That's the most up to date info I have. I fished the immature fish there thru sept last year, but this year is different and weird, not sure how it'll play out.
    Gary
    "SeeSwell"

Default Thanks.

Maybe I'll fish superior this evening, and target walleye/smallmouth on big bay de noc tomorrow. I'm thinkin of putting in at Ogontz Ln (Big River?) and fishing the south along the shore, maybe visiting the humps/shoals just to check them out.