www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 8/29 fish report

Default 8/29 fish report

Jr. and I got out 'ski fishing for the first time in our "new to us" boat. Fished a Minocqua area lake that Jr. likes. Within the first 20 casts I had an upper 30's fish follow on a red'ish/silver blade bucktail. Pretty aggressive but she swam away never to be seen again despite a couple of attempts.

Hour plus later Jr. has a hot mid 30's fish follow that same bucktail (he stole it from me!! LOL). Followed it around the 8 a couple of times. When the Manta I threw out came into the area, the fish took off (guess I shouldn't have done that!!)

Went after this fish again an hour later it came right after Jr. bucktail again but veered away as it neared the boat.

Musky fishing in the rain.....3 follows......we have a boat again....PRICELESS!
    Last edited by Ifishskis; 08-31-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Congrats on the "new" boat, good luck on the water.

cpr

Gare,

It does feel good! Me, Jr, and a friend of his went to a favorite Oneida Cty lake yesterday and had 6 follows and 1 hit and miss. Caught 2 pike including a dandy upper 20's fish. Everything was on bucktails. Threw other baits but didn't move anything on them. I saw your comment about it being a bucktail bite and it sure seems to be that way!

Jr. had a nice fat mid 40's follow (I didn't throw a bait at it this time!! LOL!!) on a burnt orange bucktail (all the fish liked brighter bucktails with silver blades yesterday) but it turned away when it got to the boat. That was a NICE fish!!! But for the 2nd day in a row...nothing in the boat....but that's OK!!!!!

Got a really good price on a 98 Nitro 18' fish n ski from a dealer in Crivitz. Boat is in good condition for a 98 and it fishes well. Mama said the only way I'm spending the $$$ like we did on a boat was if I found a nice fish n ski.....gotta keep her happy!!!!

If you care to share some lakes where the fish are moving just email me or send a PM.

IFS Sr.

p.s. - I'm sorry I didn't call you back after asking about a guide trip. Lot's going on lately with work and boat shopping!