Went out last night on a body of water that i thought i knew well. All of my go to spots did not produce, just a swing and a miss from a pike. But here is the flip side my partener and i worked this one area that we had never worked before. He is more bass than toothy fish fisherman, he managed to bring up 5 smallmouth and a nice pike, i landed 2 nice pike. The pike were upper 20s maybe thirty.

On the last few feet of our "new" old water i had a hit that rocked my world, i lost a little sleep over it. Same senireo as last friday, was not really paying attation, last 10 feet of the cast lookin more or less where to move the boat to. For everyone to know i was working a swimjig and it was right below the boat strait down. the universe checked to see if i learned anything from last time and i must not have. I was lookin around with the dangling and it started to move to the side so i picked up, not set the hook, but picked up and the rod kept going to and then bent way over i just picked up, still not hook set, and then i pulled up a fish i wish i could have seen two head shakes and it was gone. I did not see the fish, but i was heavy. Thats my trip last night