www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: this was on ohio game fishing

Thumbs up this was on ohio game fishing

I was an eye witness today of The State of Ohio stocking Muskie in Caesar's Creek Lake. Around 1:30 I was waiting on the the Tuesday Night Tournament to start when a large truck with the Division of Wildlife sticker on the side of it pulls to the side of the water and dumps, I forget the digits, but it was a lot of 12 inch Muskie. You Muskie fisherman say what you want to, but there are a lot more crappie and bass fisherman on this lake than muskie fisherman. In my opinion and 25 years experience on that lake it was a sad day. If you think bass and crappie fishing is tough there now, it has just begun. It is sad to say that the State of Ohio can afford to stock a bunch of no count muskie that are good for nothing but eating, #*&%@!, and slimming your boat, instead of a decent trash receptacle to keep our parks cleaner. All they are trying to do is lure out of towner to this lake. The only thing they are going to accomplish is more trash laying on the banks and in the parking lots! The lake is pitiful enough, let alone doing stupid things like that. I don't know who makes the decisions, but they clearly are not fisherman, and they are obviously not studying fish biology. So, for the old timers who like to go over to cc and float a bobber and relax, and bring home a couple slabs to put in the frying pan, you can thank the State of Ohio when you jerk and recieve nothing, because a muskie has took your whole shootin match. I don't want to offend, but it's my opinion. My fishing partner, Keving and I won tonight with 2 fish. The ONLY 2 fish caught. We won 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and big fish. Out of 25-30 competitors, BUT the Muskie's are biting! Thanks Ohio!

Default Stocking

I was going to explain to you about how things are done in Ohio. If you been fishing that lake that long you know that there is no limit on crappie I've seen people take home 40 or more aday. All fish will eat other fish if they get a chance. So get off your high horse & go fish.

Default Unbelievable!

Thanks for posting this babble, Dave. It amazes me the ignorance of some people, and it also amazes me that some bass fishermen like this clown can be so selfish. How many bass do we all catch while musky fishing at Caesars with huge lures in a year? Quite a few, and here is a guy who says that 25-30 boats can only manage two (2!) fish on a given night? I have seen a lot of nice bass down at Caesar's the past few years, but it is apparent that the guys who simply beat the banks with spinner baits and jigs simply cannot adapt to suspended fish patterns, etc. Instead, they take the easy way out and "blame" the stocked muskies. This is an old, worn out argument that occurs not just here in Ohio, but everywhere you have muskies competing with other species. It is a shame.
    Tom Dietz Outdoors
    Web Site: http://www.tomdietz.com

Thumbs up Dave,

I agree with tom, and I know people like my dad who have fish records ever since you started bass fishing and my dad never did that great either. and im only 15 and i have a 6lb, 23 inch bass on its way that i had a lax done of it from Caesars creek, plus we and others catch bass over 19-in all the time. so what i think you and your buds need to do is respect the musky fisherman and realize what we go through to catch muskys cuz its hard and way more expensive than Ur sport plus we sometimes go weeks with out a fish to report. so what im saying is maybe you should keep ur mouth shut and support us like how we support your sport.

Default Bass and Crappie!

Im amazed at the attitude this guy has against Musky!First of all he has never done his homework its August in Ohio, and be dam glad you won a tournament instead your complaining about it!Delaware lake, doesnt have Musky and youd be a gifted Bass fisherman if you could weigh in 6lbs right now in either a Bass or Crappie tournament.One of the best Bass lakes in Ohio, where you might need at least 6lbs, to win a wed night tournament that has alot more Musky per acre then any other lake in Ohio is Clearfork!Hoover lake in central Ohio has no Musky and only a pro could catch a limit of Bass right now and crappie fishermen there also complain!I watched a guy and his wife catch alot of Crappie on Alum today because he was fishing the right spot for suspended fish.Ohio will never stock Bass or Crappie because the biologist know what they are doing.Yes a Musky is a predator but chances are they will eat more shad, carp and suckers in a lifetime then they will ever eat a Bass or Crappie.This is the very 1st time ive ever heard someone complain who won something apparently he got lucky! C.B

go on this guys website its ryanhipsher.com i believe. he has all kinds of pictures of fish on his garage floor or pictures taken in front of his house of fish that havent made it back into the lake. including a dead musky on his garage floor. i think he should practice what he preaches.

Default Cant we get along

Hunters against hunters, fishermen against fishermen. This is why america is turning into a communist country. Dont be so jealous of the other people and bash there sport, just because you dont have the skills or money to do it.