www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Sheepshead Question

Default Sheepshead Question

Mornin' everyone!

I was talkin' to a couple of guys from out of town that were fishin' crappie last night on the Mohawksin and they were asking me about sheepshead fishing up here. I told them that I've never heard of any sheepshead being caught up here, but I also said that I wasn't 100% certain about that either. So now I'm curious.

Has anyone here ever caught a sheepshead, or heard of someone catching sheepshead on the Wi river or anywhere else up here? I've always thought that we were to far north for them.

I don't always drink beer,
    But when I do.....
    I prefer Red White and Blue!

Stay thirsty my friends.
    Blind Robin

Thumbs up Sheep!

i have never seen or herd of sheephead in this area. but in shawano on the wolf river u can fill a bucket full of them!

I agree.
    I don't think they're in the area either. Seems like they should be there though.

Default Sheepshead?? For real

I've caught Sheepshead in winnebago, wolf river, fox river and green bay. You might find them in Lake Wisconsin and lower Wisconsin river. I've never heard of them that far north.

One of two things could of happen for this comment on Sheephead.
    1). Were you and this other person on your 2nd 12pack of RWB(Red White and Blue).
    2). Or did this person see you drinking RWB and you mis heard him when he refered to it as the sheepshead of beers.

Blue Robin, sober up and enjoy a Blatz!!!!!

Default No Sheepshead > that's a good thing!

LOL!

Sorry Lucas, but I never drink when I'm on the water. I guess there's a chance that the two gentlemen that I had spoken with were drinking, but I'm not sure. Next time, I'll try and get that information for you, ok.

But holy cow, I must say it looks as though you are quite the authority on sheepshead, eh? You're catching them everywhere! So are you fishin' em just for the sport of it, or do you want them for the frying pan?

Personally, I don't even know what they look like. I've heard about them being caught on the Fox & the Wolf, but this is the first time that I ever ran into anyone wanting to fish for them up here.

Thank you folks for confirming my suspicions. Tomahawk ain't got no sheepshead, that's a relief. Now I can go back to worrying about all the bullheads.

I don't always drink beer,
    But when I do......
    I prefer Red White and Blue!

Stay thirsty my friends.
    Blind Robin

Default Can't say I target them but

I can't say I target them. But I've caught by share over the years. Most times I don't want to deal with them at all but there have been days that they have been the only action I've had( kinda like bullheads when you are targeting eyes or Dogfish), and some action is better then none. Speaking of Bullheads I got my share tonight chasing eyes. Only one legal eye all others under". Gotta go the game just started. Go pack. Tight lines and treat yourself to a Blatz.