www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Shelbyville Report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sean,
    Every year shelby gets their annual 6000 ten to twelve inchers no matter what. In recent years Jake Wolf has had an over abundance in muskie that Mike has been gracious enough to take extras if available. There was no report of a fish kill on shelbyville. If there was one, one would of thought there would of been bloated white submarines floating on the lake. Not the case. But the spillway yes. Large number of fish, small area, you get the picture, there is cause for a spread of a disease. As soon as fish go through the spillway its not Mikes domain, its the streams biologist.

Thanks for clearing that up. Spillway = over-sized raceway. Over-sized raceway + disease = QUICK transmission between individuals... Hence no surprise in the fish kill down there; (IMO) it was only a matter of time. Is Trent still managing the Kaskaskia? If so, the Kaskaskia is in good hands!

Say "hi" to Vandy for me

Default Finally some fishing time

Finally was able to get out Friday evening after doing some electrofishing on Woods lake by Howies. Fall sampling is in full swing and hard to find time lately to fish. Had a nice fish come shooting out of the water missing my bait and I could never raise him again. Messed around some new water I have never fished before and ended up with a 33in muskie. Felt good to get one in the boat.

Wednesday and Thursday was the fall survey for Shelbyville. Lots of white bass, crappie, bass, and walleye. Ended up with 6 muskies and the netters missed 3 more. Largest was a 41. Four had empty stomachs so there should be some hungry fish out there.