Normally I don't start muskie fishing until after the first of Sept., but I got a good feeling about this Fall so I wanted to get going and I was especially excited with this last burst of cool weather. I don't like fishing weekends with boaters and bass fishing tourneys and I remembered why this morning, but it was worth it this Sat. morning. Fished 6-11, hit flooded timber, what flooded willows I could find that had water, and rock. At 9:30 had a fish hit boat side and he went nuts. Set the hook and he came shooting out of the water on to the casting deck of the boat and then back it to the water. But he wasn't done yet. He went deep but then decide to come back and pay my boat another visit, this time he was full speed and hit the side of the boat head first, basically knocking himself cold. Decided to unhook him quickly at boatside and get him going after that battle with no pics. A wild 35" for the start of the Fall. Water temps this morning 76-78F, water clear, to cloudy with clay. Lots of bare banks showing.
I got the muskie but now