www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Anyone use an Okuma Red Isis?

Default Anyone use an Okuma Red Isis?

Hello all,

I have been having issues with my induron and they offered me an upgrade to an red isis.... I was wondering what anyones thoughts were on this reel, not a huge fan of the color scheme on it, reminds me of Iron man..... I am thinking of getting a 400 to replace the 400 Induron I had. Would I be fine with the 250 or just stick with the 400. Any input would be appreciate. They are not curently sure whether they are going to upgrade me or keep me with an induron..... either was fine but I figured I would look into the isis so I know what I am looking for.

Thank you,

Jacob

I have a red isis, i like it. With that said, it is a reel i do not use alot of. It is my big blade reel (double cowgirls) and i have it on my heavest rod 2-9 oz rod. So i pull in my big shack atttack plastics... i have a little issue with the thumb bar line release once in a while it will not depress all the way and then you wont cast. so turn the handle a little and it works fine (must be a burr in the line release, i am fixing that this winter when i tear it down and clean and oil)

Ok overall i like the reel you will eventually come to accept the color at least i did. It is a power house, easy to turn, but it is a very large framed reel. If you need more info PM me and ill go further in my review.