www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Salmo Fatso

Default Salmo Fatso

Does anyone fish this bait? I use them often and i am haveing alot of problems with getting good hook ups. Other than that i love the bait but i have lost 5 muskies this season because i could not get good hook sets. I was wondering what others have done to improve this shortcoming.

Jim Bortz is very familiar with Salmo's line of baits.......maybe he can help you when he returns to the board. I use the Skinners (on Jim's recommendation) and they are a very nice twitch bait.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I have only one Fatso and used it a few times.

I wasn't really able to get it to run right, or I don't know the right way to run it? I think it was too shallow for it when I was running it for one thing.

It did look good when I thought it was running right?
    The skinner is a great looking bait as Red mentioned, that is the only other bait I have made by them.

I may be mistaken but i think salmo tank tests every bait they sell so they run true, if they do not send it back and they will replace it free.

When i reel in my fatso they come through the water similair to a crank bait, it is like a side roll, that holds tight. I guess like a rattle trap but pulling it from the nose. I burn mine fast to the point they start to go a little erratic and they flash they put off from the body, the fish cant help but crush it. I love the bait, it has become my favorite search bait. I can find alot of fish but cant get them hooked.

I guess it doesn't matter if they tank test them or not if the fisherman isn't runnning they way they are suppose to be.......

I'll try your method, I was using it more like a jerkbait and it doesn't do so well.