www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Here we come!

Default Here we come!

Wayne and Lydia,

You have six guys from central Illinois that desperately need a vacation. Long work hours, no sleep, soccer, softball, and baseball practice, and endless summer home projects.

We've heard of a lodge north of Vermilion Bay that can meet these needs. Can you help us out?????

We are looking forward to the fishing, camp supper, and everything in between!

Can you give us any thoughts on how the musky and walleye fishing has been on the main lake? How about the portage lakes? Thoughts on the baits, jig head/body color combinations, and depths? I know we'll get the low down when we get there, but some of us need your update just to get through the next 23 days.

4th year in a row coming up, and we know this will be the best yet!

The Boys from Illinois

Hey Guys!
    Does it really matter how the fishing is in Waynes World? We always have fun anyway, good fishing is just a bonus
    The bass finally started to hit last week but you definitely need to know where to find them. They are just off the rocky shores where is starts to drop into the deep.
    The walleye are mostly deep now being anywhere from 25-45' deep and not very spread out so you need to find the walleye pocket and you will do great. Wayne and I went out last night and did very well in our one "hot spot" but didn't stay long because we wanted to try some new spots. We did pretty good at the other places but not as good. Wayne caught two pretty nice ones in about the 25" range.
    The musky are still a bit shy but there were some caught last week. They are feeding on the walleye and bass so you know where to look for them. I still see people casting giant plugs into shore but I'm not sure how successful they are at that right now.
    We have had a ton of rain here lately and are enjoying a couple of nice days in a row here. How has it been down there?

Lydia
    North Country Lodge
    Web Site: http://www.musky-fishing.com

It's only Wayne's World when he's present, so we hope he's not logging that week. We're counting on him to tell us about all the new fishing hot spots, and at the very least, get you guys out for a mid-week shorelunch.

We are really looking forward to the fishing, and hopefully the musky start thinking about fattening up a little bit to get ready for the winter. I'm sure the walleye will show up to the party, as they seem to every year.

Looking forward to seeing a big bear this year too. Heard you've had a number of them running around. They keep coming out like that, we might have to all hunt next fall again. .. .

Looking forward to it. 19 days and counting. .. .