www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report 8/19/09

Default Fishing Report 8/19/09

It shaped up to be a good week. I had clients out for walleye and musky this week. The walleye fishing picked up very nice. We caught a mixed bag on the cribs from bluegills to walleye to smallies. In the evening we moved to a weedy flat next to the main basin. We were using slip bobbers and jigging 1/8 oz. jigs with leeches. It was a very consistant bite with fish up to 20". We totaled between 25-30 fish the last couple hours.

The musky bite proved to be better this week as well. Scott and his 2 boys were out with me yesterday and we managed to see several fish and some came up and acted pretty aggressive following a figure 8 a couple times. About 2:30 Scott yells I got one. I saw the head shaking down in the water and he played her out nicly. We boated the fish and it turned out to be a 40 1/4". We snapped some pics and she was back in the water. His boys commented that they were not going swimming anymore with fish like that in the lake. You could see the excitement in there eye. maybe the next generation of muskie heads!!

Bucktails were the best producers of action this week. The fish we encountered were relatively shallow in the weeds and slop. Double bladed tails were showing more fish. I think the extra vibration was calling them out.

Good fishing,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scott and his boys 40.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	6553  
    Scott Biscobing
    Hodag Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.hodagguideservice.com
    E-Mail Address:hodagguide@gmail.com