www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Power Pro

Default Power Pro

Just wondering what some of you use as a guideline to determine when its time to either replace your power pro 80# or cut off the last 25 yards or so that is used the most? It appears to be fading a bit and maybe getting a little "fuzzy" on that end portion that is used.

Also, any thoughts on leaders that are "non-wire"?

I will just run it all off and just reverse it. Bury that first 25 yards under all the good stuff. It will save you money. If you have a feeling it may be getting bad. Change it. Don't want to take any chances. Steel leaders I like the best. My favorite are the ones that are made by Cat-Tails Musky baits. Good Luck fishing. The muskies are hot right now. In fact I will be on the water shortly. Talk later. Hayward Lakes Jim
    Last edited by Hayward Lakes Jim; 08-18-2009 at 03:46 PM.
    Jim Onarheim
    Hayward Lakes Visitors & Conventions Bureau
    Toll Free: 1-800-724-2992
    Web Site: http://www.haywardlakes.com

Default lures

What lures have been effective for you Jim?

This time of year with the water conditions like they are, on a calm day top water, jerk bait, buck tail ( stained water gold blade is good). Fish are going to be more active when you have a storm front coming in. With more than one person in the boat everyone should be using something different. HL Jim
    Jim Onarheim
    Hayward Lakes Visitors & Conventions Bureau
    Toll Free: 1-800-724-2992
    Web Site: http://www.haywardlakes.com

Default Line

Jim's right about reversing your line. Tanner Wildes turned me onto that one last year, ran it off this past spring, and had "new" line to start the season. Also, talked with the Stren rep at the sport show last winter, and he said that it is no longer necessary to replace your line every year with the Super Braids that are on the market now. Just make sure that you store your gear properly, and cut out worn line when necessary. Hope this helps.