www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Turnover?

Default Turnover?

Brian,

I know you and I have had this discussion before, but this being an atypical year, I wondered if you have any thoughts about when Cass might turnover? Jim and I are tossing around two different ideas for a September trip....either Mille Lacs the weekend of the 11th or Cass the weekend of the 18th. If the Schneider tournament wasn't the weekend of the 11th, it'd be a no-brainer, but we don't want to fight the boats.

Will we be ok on the 18th? What does your past history tell you about mid-September? Will that be a good time to come up and chase muskies? These family vacations, while alot of fun, really cut into my muskie fishing time.....and the weather/wind didn't really cooperate either!

Brad,

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. I am unsure myself if this strange weather is going to screw up the fall fishing but one thing I do bank on is good action in September most years. From my experience Cass doesn't get tough until the 10th of October most years.

Question for you, since we talked all of two minutes this summer I was wondering if the bar is still going to be moved/rebuilt? I am thinking about having a big gathering there around Jan 4th if it would work out?
    First Choice Guide Service
    Brian Jones
    Web Site: http://www.fishingcasslake.com
    612-730-9620

Brian,

We are still planning on moving the restaurant, but we'll be in the existing location on January 4th. We'd be happy to accomodate you on a get-together. Depending upon the size, I'm sure we can make it work.....and work well.

Thanks for the info on September. You just made my decision alot harder. The Mille Lacs thing is with the Illinois Outdoors guys and we really enjoy that trip.....but I really wouldn't mind giving Cass another shot this year.