www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Salmon??? Fairport/Cedar River areas?

Default Salmon??? Fairport/Cedar River areas?

We are finally going to get some salmon fishing time tomorrow and wednesday, will be driving down from Chatham area.
    I saw a nice report from last week from cedar river, and some tourney results from this weekend at fairport. Looks like the salmon are still around, and catchable. Anyone have some recent news? Advice?

thanks in advance
    -ac

Yeah if you go to fairport my advice would be go DEEEP we did good this last weekend fishing 99-135 feet down over 145-190 fow. we were using all meat rigs & Great big flasher paddles SLOW ...Like 1.5-2.0

Default how many fish?

Hey Dave,
    How many fish did you bring in on the meat rigs?
    Lloyd

Default Thanks for the tip, we'll try it!

Meat rigs and flashers ? I hope we dont get arrested

I have some flies too, which I suppose we could pull that slow and maybe some spoons.

Default Flatfish

Has anyone ever tried the good old flatfish for salmon? It used to be a trusty standby for me. It can be trolled really slow, and it is available in colors that should be good like silver, blue, orange, etc.

What would happen if someone parked over an arch and tried jigging a big old jig with some cut bait on it? They jig lake trout up here in a hundred feet of water. Hhhmmm, how about a bobbing stick with wire line....

Quote Originally Posted by rambler View Post
    Hey Dave,
    How many fish did you bring in on the meat rigs?
    Lloyd
    We got 10 on saturday morn & 7 saturday evening & we got 7 or 8 sunday morn ALL on meat rigs