www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: BIG Pike

Default BIG Pike

that is a freakishly-large pike for PA. I think it's time to book a fall trip with Mr. Childress.

There have been some stud pike caught in the "Allegheny Watershed" this Spring/Summer and that one certainly qualifies as a stud. Congrats!!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Rex was showed me the pic at the MMA meeting a few weeks ago, that one will be hard to top! What a pig!!!

I don't want anybody to be confused. It wasn't me who caught that fish. I just posted the picture. Fantastic fish.

Very nice pike! Article said it was 45" but the pic looks larger than that. Did it say it was a river fish?

The 23 inch girth is impressive.
    I have fished exclusively for Pike in Quebec for the last 20 years and have never seen one with a 23 inch girth. I have seen pike up to 51 inches but never with that kind of girth. My son caught a 45 incher this May but the girth was only 20 inches and weighed a little over 20 pounds. Of course we fish opening week after the pike have just spawned so they are probably the skinniest at that time.
    The allegheny pike are definately hevier. The State record from Kinzu was 48 inches and weighed 35 pounds. A 48 incher in Quebec would not top 30 pounds.

The article said "Allegheny Watershed".............I had mis-read it myself the first time but after looking at the background again, it is definitely not a 'Warren area' river fish.

Believe it or not, there have been 2 more pike caught (reportedly) this Spring/Summer from the "Allegheny Watershed" that were longer than that stud but I do not know what the girths were.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com