www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: August 10th report

Default August 10th report

I had Dave and Joseph out yesterday. One is just out of high school and the other is still in high school. The two of them fished really hard and really well. The fish were a little tougher yesterday. We had one nice one up right away. Joseph had that one nip at his lure but didn't quite get it. I had one hooked for a split second before the bait came flying back at us. That one had some weight to it. All I had to go on was a couple slow head shakes on the surface though. We had one other follow twice and go around in the figure eight a bunch and then right at the bitter end David caught the smallest muskie of the year. It was a cute little 25 incher. Slow day compared to recent fishing but it was a little tougher day weather wise. Those guys are fun to fish with though. They fished hard and smart. Wish the fish would have cooperated for them.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

I wonder why your bait came flyin outta the water on that big one?? You weren't using an 8'h Okuma rod, were u?? Or were u just a little too fast on the hook set, like me?

No, I actually stuck him for a little longer than you had yours. The fish just shook the bait is all.

So, you can keep you Okuma rod. That seems to be the best rod for you to get fish to hit with.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com