Fishing has still been excellent on Lake Francis Case and Lake Sharpe. We are one of the few reservoirs that do not get severely hit by storms and fronts. We have had fronts move through all week, and have excellent fishing. It has knocked the numbers down a little (now we are catching 60-100 fish per day, instead of 100 - 150 plus fish per day). Our size has remained consistent, 14 - 18 inch fish.

Here is my weekend fishing report. On Wed and Thurs I fished with a gentleman from Norfolk, NE, He has been fishing with us since the 80's. On day one we fished Lake Francis Case and caught 25-30 fish and fished until noon. On day 2 we went to Lake Sharpe and caught 20 fish in 1 1/2 hrs. We were lucky enough to have enough time to get our limit. We had 3 boats out and all filled in that time period. On Friday I fished with a group from Harlen, IA. We fished Lake Sharpe and caught 70 fish. Excellent walleye fishing. On Sat and Sunday, I fished with a grandfather, father, and son from Harlan, IA. We fished on Lake Sharpe. On Sat we caught 40 fished and got chased off by storms at noon. On Sunday, we boated 70 - 75 fish. Ezra (grandson) caught most of the fish in 2 days. A trip to remember.

I am very fortunate to work with the best walleye guides in the midwest. We work together to make sure everyone has an excellent trip. The only way we catch our limit on Thursday is by teamwork. Our fish were not in our regular spot. Thanks Cory, stays at the Hillside, for your help on that day.

We expect the fishing to be good to excellent through fall. Our size has not changed. We are catching plenty of 15 - 17 inch fish to get our limits when the size limit goes on.

Look forward to seeing you.
Mike Allen