www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Tackle Box Theft

Default Tackle Box Theft

I copied this from Larry jones site.

Howard Wagner mailed me earlier today the following:

Pass the word,someone stole Wipkey,s giant black lakewood tackle box.The one he had fulll of plows and perch baits.He just called me from Chautauqua.

Ron K.

PS: It would be appreciated if any of you fellas that visit other forums (3 Rivers, etc.) would post this message there.

Thanx, Ron K.
    Last edited by allegheny river kid; 08-09-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Were was it taken from? Anyone know, while getting gas? Campground? Motel parking lot?

I would be crushed, I watch my stuff like a hawk knowing how long and how much money it costs to get a nice selection of lures.

I'll keep my ears open, hopefully it will come up.

What color box was it? What make of box was it? This could happen to anyone of us and I will keep a look out for it. I know Kevin pretty well and I would gladly help him in any way. That box has to turn up somewhere.

The post is a bit deceiving. I was concerned because of what happened a couple years back to a friends boat at camp Chautauqua. Everything was stolen out of his boat. Anyway, I talked with a friend, who talked to Kevin the day his box went missing. I was told that Kevin drove from SW PA up to Chauatauqua that day. He stopped at a rest stop in PA on 79 and again at Hogans Hut where he noticed his box was missing. It sounded as though the box must have been taken at the rest stop in PA and not Chautauqua.

I sure hope he recovers it........that is a nightmare waiting to happen for all of us who take things for granted. I am as guilty as anyone when it comes to trusting mankind with "exposed" musky boxes.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I couldn't even think of using stolen fishing equipment from a fellow fisherman, what is wrong with people now days!!!!!!

Hopefully they will be caught and RR the SOB's!!!!!!

If it was taken at the rest stop could be anyone and not a fisherman I guess.
    Keep an eye on ebay I guess and maybe the person will list the stuff.

Default a bit relieved

it sucks that this would happen to anyone but I feel a bit relieved that it didn't in fact happen at chaut. had my gear either on the boat (ready to go in the early AM) or on the dock right next to the boat most nights last week while I was there. knew I shouldn't have but it seems like that lake is on the up and up with very decent and friendly folk that I really didn't worry as much as I should have. relieved that my image is still intact...but it sure is a wake up call.

much rather they take my rod/reel rather than the equivalent in baits... so hard to cobble a good lure collection back together given how hard some of the them are hard to come by...id be crushed.

hope they find the (explitive deleted) jerk.

Has anyone heard anything about this lately?? What a nightmare.......
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com