www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Skunk out of the boat

Smile Skunk out of the boat

I fished Forest Lake (MN) tonite. First time I've ever been there, got to the ramp @ 6:00, turned in the GPS took a look at the Navionics map, picked a spot and started casting a suick. Boated a 41 at 6:21 and had a bigger one on for a couple seconds right at the boat but couldn't close that deal. Karma is changing that's the first fish I've caught since June'07, there's been several in my boat since then but none by me. Can't even begin to tell you how nice it is to get that skunk outta the boat.

Cold Front

Congratulations!! Muskies are like home runs, they come in bunches! Confidence is a huge part of the deal, only one cast away from a fish. One fish (ONE CAST) can turn a bad outing into a good one, and any time on the water beats being at work.

Yay ! Glad to hear you got the monkey off yer back, Cold Front. Congrats. Feels good, don't it ? Like Chuck suggested, hopefully you'll start getting a bunch now.

I actually managed to boat one this year too. A 34" on a Suick not far from R&R. Then I blew one on the most feeble "hookset" of all time on the same Suick down in Chief. Then I just flat out lost one on a slack line in Tyner..that one was a 40 incher. Sigh. Oh well...hits lead to catches one of these days I reckon. Now if I could just get one out of Ty's boat.

Again, congrats !
    Last edited by RobertTB; 08-09-2009 at 07:31 AM. Reason: bad spelling

Now you can come back to the Chip and get some fish. I haven't seen your boat flying by lately. Congrats.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com