www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: RFRG 8/6 Fishing Report w/Muskie Matt

Default RFRG 8/6 Fishing Report w/Muskie Matt

Muskie fishing has been about an 8 on a scale of 1-10. Water temps on the ER Chain are running a steady 67-68 throughout all the lakes. No really big fish this past week but lots of action from 34 to 38 inch fish. The surprising thing is that even with the cooler weather lately, every fish put in my boat this week has been on a surface bait, without exception, and one group boated 5 muskies in one day! Any way you look at it, great action. 3-8 feet of water over weeds or wood has been the key areas to fish.

I imagine the fast bucktail bite will resume as the weather warms... if it warms. Been a very cool summer all around and water temps have been far below normal for this time of year. The good surface bite is a bit of a surprise but we are using a fairly slow speed when retrieving these baits. My number one instruction this past week has been... "slow it down a bit".

A special "way to go" to Dave n Dave for taking two 35's back to back with Dave Sr. fish being one of the most acrobatic I've seen this year, it spent more time in the air than water after feeling the sting of the hook. Too cool.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG2441.JPG 
Views:	217 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	6312Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG2447.JPG 
Views:	228 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	6313

Good fishin to everyone.

Cool Dave -n- Dave

Musky Matt,
    I like Dave Jr. already especially with the Bears T-Shirt in Packer country. Hopefully Jay Cutler will be just as good.

boy if thats the case , maybe you should throw a pole saw in Celeste and get that "puppy" back.

Default Rfrg

Had a couple guys lately that like to fly their Bears colors... and damn proud to do so... which is all cool with me as I'm kind of "Switzerland" in all that football stuff. For me, if it doesn't involve fishin' or huntin'... what's the point.

Hey DUG, got plenty of back ups and the current "hot" bait is kind of a sleeper. Enjoyed your company, make a fall visit with the gang... Say hey to the girls.