www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Post Your August 2009 Trip Reports Here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default august reports

Just got back from 2 weeks at the lake. For some reason we didn't fish muskies this trip. Some of the best walleye fishing we have had. My wife got our largest for the year, 29". Many fish in the 22-26" range. More than enough good eaters. Two limits of crappies,two limits of walleyes, lots of perch to bring home. We measured one perch at 13-1/2". Fished close by to Mylie's. Went to Miles Bay for crappies, otherwise the farthest we traveled was around Rabbitt Pt. Did most of our fishing to the East. ALL of our walleyes were caught on points. 15-25 FOW. Hammered gold spinners with minnows or crawlers on 1-1/2 oz. Bottom Bouncers. Spent some time looking for new spots. We try to fish new areas each time we get up to the lake. Heading back around the 2nd of Sept. for opening of duck season.

Dick

Default 3 day musky trip

We were up fri,sat and sunday.Musky fished in monsoons,wind and lightening all 3 days with 4 or 5" of rain.Put in new windows in between storms.Caught 46",44" 37" ,42" northern saw 23 fish all on topraiders in waves.The best was ,we saw a true 60" fish.My partner couldn't speak when he saw her.She followed off a rock shelf all the way to the boat and kept going right by the outboard out to deep water.Thats the 4th one in 29 years I've seen on LOTW.What a rush!!!Be back up in a week.I'll stop over Justin.Need gas.
    Jeff

Cool Head Grunt finally scores

Sounded like some great action for a short trip, Jeff. We'll have the premium gas waiting for your opti when you get back.

I actually had some action over the weekend. Got out Saturday night and Sunday morning (August 15/16) for awhile and finally landed a couple decent fish (and slimed up my new rain gear myself!)

Both of them were thick, which made me guess the length wrong in the net. Shoreline boulders and a boulder point gave up the fish; both on the same Double Cowgirl. (THANKS JERRY!!)

I hope to get the bait repaired in time to go out again this weekend.

Healthy 43.75" and 42" Lake of the Woods muskies.

Ok, Baz...now cough up the photo of that nice 46 incher from two weekends ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	justie43threequarter15aug2009web.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	6543   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	justie42muskie16august2009web.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	6544  
    Justin Gaudry
    Mylie's Place Resort

Lake of the Woods
    Morson, Ontario, Canada
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/myliesplace
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MyliesPlaceResort/feed
    Twitter: @MyliesPlaceJMan https://twitter.com/#!/MyliesPlaceJMan
    E-mail: jwgaudry@hotmail.com
    Toll Free Phone: 1-866-395-3449

Cool Another Week

Second week is history. We were greeted with wind and it rarely laid down. The Muskie were located on the windy points and you had to be right there to coax them out. Had large amounts of fish follow again and like last trip thier mouths were mostly closed. Everyone saw large fish with a couple of monsters sighted. The big girl I had out won this round again, although I caught a couple of scales. Four of us managed to boat seventeen Muskies with a chunky 46.5 the biggest. Once again the dry land experience at your resort was great. Your family and employees do a wonderful job for your guests. Sad thing is we won't be back till next summer. Looking forward for it. Len

Default Week of 15th-22nd

Hey Justin Sorry this report is a few days late. We had some great action all week long. We had several fish follow on topwaters hooked up on a few but best action came on bucktails (double cowgirls) on rocks. reefs. Some nice pike on topwaters but best musky action was definitely on bucktails. Here are a few of the nicest fish of the week 43's up to a 48 incher Sorry we missed you on our way out Justin we will talk to you soon to book our next trip Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dad2.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	6844   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dad4.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	6845   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dad3.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	6846   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gif1.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	2.9 KB 
ID:	6847   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kbo1.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	6848  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kbo2.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	2.5 KB 
ID:	6849