www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: August 3rd report

Default August 3rd report

We had a heck of a good start today. We saw five fish in the first hour and boated one of them. The one we caught was a 43 1/2" tiger muskie. One that followed was bigger than that one but the other three were mid thirty inchers. Four on Ghosttails and the big one on a Pacemaker.

I totally jinxed us after an early lunch when some guy flagged us down to help him out. He was rowing because he ran out of gas. When I say he I mean his wife. Anyway, when I pulled up I asked how far he had to be towed and he said Chippewa Shores. I said "aww, you aint far, you'll make it" and kept going. Haven't you ever just been in one of those moods to just catch someone off guard? To be honest he wasn't that far and it would have taken longer to hook up a rope and pull him over there than it would for him to take over the rowing and make it in. The look on his face was priceless though. I caught heck the rest of the day from the guys I had out. By the end of the day the story was that I turned away a lady with one arm and miles away from camp. We didn't see anything the rest of the day and it was all my fault for being a dork to some stranger that ran out of gas.

I took my brother and Rachel out for an hour right after sundown and Rachel had one up right away on a Pacemaker and I had one do something to my Pacemaker. I think he was trying to see if he could sink the bait in the vortex of his whirlpool. we didn't fish long but it was a nice night out.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Hey - Thanks for taking care of our guests. I'll remember that....

All I can do is shake my head. All of us boaters/fishermen have had something happen to our boat/motor where we need a hand....and if you haven't...you will.

To leave a guy and his wife out on the water and blow him off.....not good. I don't care if he was 50 yards from the dock.

The words..."arrogant prima donna" come to mind.

Just my .02...blast away.

thats good for business...
    My impeller went out one day about a mile from the landing, I had to use the trolling motor to get back, the kicker was that the dnr came within a 100 feet of me, my motor is smoking from overheating and they never even stopped...
    Last edited by floydss; 08-04-2009 at 04:02 PM.

I don't think you guys quite get it. I help out a lot of people every year that need help. Key work there is "need". What this guy needed to do was get his lazy butt off the back seat and pick up the duties that his wife was doing. If I had it my way I would have picked his wife up and let him and his son row. And they didn't need a tow back when they had oars and were right next to the resort. I'll help anyone that needs help and always do. They, did not "need" help. Relax and don't take things out of context. It happened the way it did because the people were not in dire straits in the least amount. If anything we were a little ticked off that the guy was making his wife row.

Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Hey Ty, sounds like a good sturdy woman to me. Can she put fish in the boat? :>)

MS

Any of you that are ripping on Ty obviously don't know him. I've seen him help several people, including a couple drunken idiots stranded on an island because their brother left them there. Posting on a site is very easy to do when you don't know someone and don't ever have to face the consequences of your uneducated words. Make sure you understand the whole situation and the person before you assume anything. Always remember what assume stands for so you don't look like one

Gary is right. I was in the boat with Ty when a guy asked us to tow him in. Ty jumped in his boat and started it up. I guess this guy didn’t know how to start his own boat. Funny stuff.

I think you have to realize that with clients in the boat they are paying good money to fish with Ty not pulling people that don't need the help. I could understand if they had to go a long distance.

There is only so much you can do
    Razor

Default crazy

You guys are right, I was with Ty when a boat passed and they were dying of thirst and Ty graciosly gave up one of his beers...

I agree with Ty. You absolutly help the people that need help. People that are too lazy to help themselves ... eff'em, if they aren't in any kind of danger or miles from where they need to be.

Cold Front

Default Aug. 3 report

"Prima Donna" ???
    I think Ty used to date her or maybe it was her sister "Bella"!
    Gimme a break!!!
    The only prima donna in this whole picture was sitting on his a## in the back of the boat. I assume (there's that word again!) that the "gentleman" had a serious physical disability! If you can see the pier get off your a## and start rowing! Or get out and walk!
    If Ty should have/ could have done anything he could have put the lady in his boat and let "the capitan" of the ship figure out how to get back.

Would have loved to been in the boat with you then Ty. The look on his face had to be priceless. I probably would have let him know what I thought about him sitting there though, my mouth tends to get me in trouble sometimes. I agree though, probably should have had her and the kid get in the boat and give them a ride in, then go back and hook up the tow rope, and head east to the dam.

Default I Was There

All--

I don't ever post but I will since my cousin and I were in the boat that afternoon.

The facts:

We saw 5 fish in the morning. Ty caught the 43" Tiger. I've been fishing with Ty for 4 years in a row now and except for catching a nice 45" Tiger the first year and a 35" fish year 2, I've been shut out the last 2 years with him. Ty was working his tail off to find another big fish for us.

The couple in question was close to the resort and the gentleman in the boat was watching his wife labor with the oars. The couple was in no danger and within striking distance of the resort. The whole event seemed like a joke at first.

My Opinion
    1. A guide's first priority is to keep his clients safe.
    2. The second priority is to put fish in the boat.

Of course, a dangerous situation outside of the boat trumps #2.

Given the proximity to the resort, the apparent lack of effort on the part of the gentleman in the boat, and absence of any sense of urgency by the couple themselves, I'd call it a coin toss whether or not to tow in the boat. Guides are by nature competitive individuals and the good ones put pressure on themselves to produce for their regular clients. Had there been any negligence, disrespect, or danger involved in the situation; I would have called him out on it. None of those factors existed. Consequently, we harrassed Ty the remainder of the week instead of insisting on towing the couple in.

In the last four years, Ty has been one of the hardest working and most forthcoming guides I've ever hired. In fact, the 38", 40", 41" and 45" fish I caught to close out our week were in many ways attributable to his good coaching and the intel he's shared with me over the past several years. I challenge you to find any musky guide in the Hayward area that shares more info with his clients.

There is no reason to give Ty more grief than my cousin and I had already given him with respect to this event. In fact, I'm certain he started this thread intentionally to preempt our "threatened...greatly exagerated" post. In fact, the "one armed lady, who rowed the boat while she breast-fed her newborn as the husband aimlessly chugged a Honey Weis " might still be out there rowing in circles today somewhere on Chief Lake.

Bottom Line:

Chill out, but....keep your gas tanks full!!!

P.S. Ty....I'm looking for a split day on Aug 1 or 2 next year since we saw 1-armed ladies rowing boats in the afternoon vice big muskies.

Thanks for the compliments Dan. I loved it when we the next day when we were fishing by the resort and you yelled out "I need Gas Ty". I'll write down the day for next year. call me later this year to confirm it.

Thanks for everything Dan. Great time as always.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Ty even came over to my wife and I and let me use one of his baits. if I ever get back up to the Chip. I think I owe him a drink!