www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: minn kota issues

Default minn kota issues

i have a minn kota trolling moter with a flat foot pedal, there is constant on switch in the lower right hand of the board, which wont stay in the on position ,unless i keep constant pressure on it. any ideas out there?????

I think you have a deflated press pad. Very depressing.

Seriously, I don't know what they are called but there is a metal pad that you press down under the momentary button. That pad might be stuck down for now. If you are good at taking things apart and putting them back together give it a try.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

ugghhhh.. was out today and it worked fine for the 1ST FEW HOURS .. THEN BACK TO CRAPPY,, NOT ONLY IS IT FRUSTERATING IM NOW WALKING WITH A NASTY LIMP BECAUSE MY LEG IS SORE FROM STANDING FUNNY TO USE IT...

WHAT KIND OF TROLLING MOTER IS A GOOD BUY? IM VERYY PARTIAL TO THE FLAT PEDAL AND LONG CORD
    (HELPS WITH FISHIN OUT THE BACK OF THE BOAT , WHEN I CHOOSE TO DO SO)

The contacts get worn down and sometimes sand or other foreign particles mess with them. If it works sometimes then it's probably moisture shorting out the contact. I always keep two pads in the boat and if one quits then I use the other one and take the malfunctioning one inside to get the moisture out. It's usually not rain that bothers them but humidity or heavy dew can really play havoc with them. Hope that helps.

Gary

I have taken them apart before hoping to see a glaring problem, but there ain't much to them. I have been told the same that was stated before, the contacts wear down. I was also told that the dirt, sand, grime, etc.. was more of a problem. The guy also said to actually dunk them in the water now and then when they get dirty (keep in mind this gentlemen was selling me a new pad for $70). I have done this every now and then, I don't do it religiously but it hasn't hurt so far.

It sucks though. I had a pedal that wouldn't turn left. Called it the Zoolander pedal.

$70.00 bucks for a new foot pad isn't too shabby. I'd take him up on it.

If not, the new Terrova from Minn Kota is a great trolling motor to buy.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Default minn kota issues

get a minn kota auto pilot with remote control. strap on the touch pad contoller on your wrist and away you go. had mine for a few years now and not a problem. fish several times a month including a few tournaments and would have nothing else ...

The newer ones have a mag switch. You may need to adjust the position so that the magnet sits lower in the switch. Pull the wire from underneath and you can move the magnet.