www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing for Musky this weekend

Default Fishing for Musky this weekend

Hi

I will be traveling to Lake Shelbyville to fish for musky and am having a hard time finding information on the web. It will be my first time to Shelbyville.

Could anyone please provide me with any suggestions on where to start on such a large body of water? Also, any tips on lures, presentations, etc. would be helpful.

I am also looking for a place to get a decent meal Saturday night also. If you know of any places I sure would appreciate it.

I just came back from Eagle River and will be traveling to Eagle Lake Ontario in mid September and I would be happy to share information.

Thanks,

Larry

Default Fishing for Musky this weekend

Try the willows in the backs of the coves just north of the dam. Bucktails would be best but topwater bite should be starting also.

I am glad to finally see some talk going on the message board. Haven't seen anything since June. Anyway, roadrunner, how have you been? Any luck this summer? We have been doing some sampling this summer for different projects on the lake and have seen a few muskies. They are dropping the bottom out on the lake. Fishing patterns change weekly. Fishing has been wonderful for walleyes and white bass. Flooded willows are becoming sparse. The ones that are flooded seem to only have 3 feet of water in them. I am ready for Sept. Bring on the feeding frenzy

Smile Tuff summer bite

Larry;
    Many muskie hunters that want to fish Shelbyville , always ask the same question, as to where one starts. Lithia Springs, the dam area and 9th street ramp coves are good place to start. Also, if you feel the need to travel the lake some. Try anywhere, from mile marker 2 and 3 and focus on primary and secondary points . Bucktails, spinnerbaits, topraiders, and large cranks. Also , if you like to troll,work the larger coves, like Lithia, Coon and Opossum, and Wolf creek are good . As for color combinations- blk/silver blades-Firetiger, white. I personally like Spinner baits, like Colby Simms, Schoolin shad or Grimm Reapers, from 1/2 ounce- 1 ounce. Also , many Anglers who fish shelbyville, use down-sized baits,-almost bass style gear, as a change up , from casting large lures all day. Another favorite of mine is to troll a Grandmas or Jakes in the propwash, while contour trolling points.
    Also , stay in a area and work it back and forth, or even camp out in one cove. Many Muskies are caught in open water, so remember , muskies lurk all around you.... kev