www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: How is fishing normally during the last week of August?

Default How is fishing normally during the last week of August?

I am planning on going to Canyon Lake either the last week of August or the first week of September. I usually fish in the spring and was wondering how fishing would be this time of year? How should one work to get walleyes? I tried a few years ago and didn't have much luck...though I didn't work too hard. I am guessing that Muskies and Bass will be hitting.

Also, when are the blueberries normally ripe? I am guessing they are ripe now or will be in a week or two.

Lastly, In the fall I have seen people trolling down the middle of the lake (end to end). What are they looking for?

Thank you for creating this forum.

Hi Shack,
    Sorry I missed your post there. I guess you've probably read fishing reports posted after so I won't go into that.
    The blueberries are ripe now and are almost on their way out. There are still some green ones but usually they start late July, early August and are about done by now.
    There could be a couple things that people are trolling for. The musky can go pretty deep and they may be trolling for those or some may be fishing for whitefish as they are very deep in summer and winter and come up in late fall.
    Hope this helped
    North Country Lodge
    Web Site: http://www.musky-fishing.com