www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Perch opener 8/1 & 8/2

Default Perch opener 8/1 & 8/2

Gave Cal Park yet another try on Saturday despite the declining action over the past few weeks. Cal Park was a bust. My guess is the water has warmed up too much there and the area is probably over-worked from the last month. Decided to go to Navy Pier on Sunday, and did that decision ever pay off. Launched at Diversy Harbor at 5:00 am and fished the north side of the Reclamation plant along the bouys. The water temp was about 6 degrees cooler than Cal Park and the perch were hungry. Fished until 1:00pm (myself and two other guys) and brought in three limits, probably caught close to 80 or 90 perch though and kept our limits. All perch kept were in the size range between 11 and 13 inches. Most of the perch came on mini mite II's tipped with a baby roach, some came on soft shells and minnows bottom bouncing. The perch even were hitting the jigs without minnows. Touch the weeds and bring the jig just above the weeds and wham. Was an excellent day, would hit it again during the week if I didn't have to work.

Default Perch opener 8/1 & 8/2

Thank you for that post. Very much appreciated.