Got out today for a morning muskie hunt. Hit the water around 5:30 am. Water temps were ranging from 72-74. Clarity for this time of year on the upper 2 lakes is very good. Fished a while on Marie and Bluff and was greeted with pea green water and "bloom balls" NASTY

For the morning end up raising 7 muskies, lost 1 (31-33") and boated a nice 35 on a Swimmin Charlie. All the action came from 2 baits today and after 8:00 am; the Swimmin Charlie and a Baby Depthraider. After seeing everyone still doing the same thing as everyone else has been doing for the past month (throwing Double bladed bucktails) and dealing with high/bluebird skies, my past knowledge lead me to casting the breakline from 7' to 12' and which got the results I did. Thinking outside the box on occassion is a good thing.

On a sadder note, I assisted 2 bass anglers with a dandy wide-bodied 38" muskie which one of them had caught on a crankbait. Problem was the crank was all the way down and had pierced the throat nerve during the battle. After 30 minutes of trying to revive her, she was gone.