www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Any Advice?

Default Any Advice?

We are heading up to Leech for a week beginning Aug. 8th. Will be staying right off Battle Point. I was wondering if there any decent spots nearby to catch Wally's. I know in the spring we've been able to get into them but didn't know if I'd need to find some deeper water in August.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Default Battle Point

I must admit that I do not fish that area much. The fish move a little deeper as the season progresses, however, we have had some colder than normal temps and the fish may be shallow especially during low light hours. Try your normal locations and move out if no fish contact is made. Using bottom bouncers and crawler harnesses and cover water, or troll crank baits. Maybe someone else give you more info on that area.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com

Thanks, Murph

Was up there a couple of weeks ago. Seen quite a few out at 5 mile and off of sugar point. Some other areas that would worth a try would be down at the clay banks, out in front of genser rock and maybe a drift through the clam beds. Also working through some of the wedbeds on in front of the old battle point lodge would be other possible spot to try.

Jeremy

Thanks, Jeremy