www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fairport fishing grounds?

Default Fairport fishing grounds?

Well I finally have my rods, cannonballs, some flies and spoons ready to get wet.
    I'm hoping someone can direct me to the Fairport Salmon fishing grounds so that I can get out for the first time with my wife Saturday morning
    Any chance someone could provide gps coordinates?
    thanks in advance
    -ac

I don't have GPS numbers, but the last time we went to Fairport most fishing was off Point Detour. Surface temp was 58 deg., our best luck was in 90 FOW, fishing top 40 ft. A lot of small fish, but some nice 15 to 18 lbs as well.

Default Picture...

I don't have GPS numbers either, but it's pretty simple. Most folks head east/southeast from Fairport until they come to the "bank"/drop-off. Then trollback and forth in a north/south pattern for the most part. Here is a picture of what I'm talking about. It also has the Ford River Can high-lighted as another area for salmon...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	42dceff80417c11a.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	6135  
    Kevin Lee

Default PERFECT, thanks.

Thats perfect. THANKS!

Angry

I am assuming you have never been there so it is wise to ask other fishermen about unseen hazards you might encounter on your way out such as hidden boulders and pilings. Some things could wreck your day.

Recent reports say you won't have any trouble "finding" the fishing grounds, as it has been packed, especially on, you guessed it, saturday. There's a lot of water out there, don't get too caught up in pack mentality. If you're going out in the morning (as in dark) ask someone at the launch and follow them out, especially if you're launching from Ranguettes. If it's day light you can see the worst hazards marked with flags/bouys, but still best to follow someone (who knows what they're doing) out.
    Gary
    "SeeSwell"