Today the tides turned a bit! My morning musky trip was with a rookie and his 10 year old. Conditions have not been ideal for this type of guide trip. They managed to get one pike and one decent fish took a swipe at the bait right at the boat. I wish conditions would have been better to help get them hooked on musky hunting.

My evening trip was again for musky while my dad was doing a walleye trip as usual. Unfortunately my boat caught a 24 inch walleye. The musky bite was not going good and the weather was getting worse as the night grew on. Nasty cold winds from the NW were making things very interesting. Pressure was also on since this was the second night with the Tesarek guys and we were going to end the trip with no slime time in 09 which would have broken the three years of strait success. With about 30 minutes to go in the trip everything became right in the world again when those beautiful words "Got One" were spoken from John in the back of the boat. A minute later I netted a very fat 42" for him.

Good Luck in Canada guys...as always it was a pleasure to have you on board!