The fishing in our area is still going strong. Probably one of if not the best overall year that we have seen. Most of favorite areas are still holding large numbers of 14 to 18 inch walleyes with an occasional fish over 20. One of our guide boats (Jim Klages) with John and Tom from Chicago caught a 25 inch walleye on Friday. The bite is still from Lower Brule to Iron Nation on Lake Sharpe and from Kiowa to the dam on Lake Francis Case. In most areas 12- 20 feet has been the best. Using a chartreuse spinner and a crawler, with a bottom bouncer.

On Friday I took a group out from Salem, SD. We fished the grain bens area and caught 30 walleyes by 9:30 a.m. They wanted to take more fish home, so we decided to go below the dam and try for white bass. After about 30 minutes in the fast water with only 1 bite, I decided I better go and at least catch some fish. Went down to Crow Creek and found a decent walleye bite and also caught 5 white bass and 1 catfish. Caught 70 fish and quit fishing at 1:30p.m. On Sat and Sun I had a group(husband, wife and son) from Alexandria, SD. On day 1 we fished the West Bend area and caught 125 fish. On day 2 Jacob had 2 wishes. One was to outfish his mom and the other was to try and catch 126 fish for the day. They counted their catch and Jacob won by 1 fish. Also we caught between 155 - 160 fish on this day. Outstanding walleye fishing.

Usually we see a small slowdown this time of year. This year seems to be an exception to the rule. We are expecting to have excellent walleye fishing the rest of the season. It is hard to believe that we are catching 100 - 200 fish per day every day, but we are. If you want to show your family or friends an excellent fishing trip with lots of action, you will not find a better opportunity than fishing with our guides in the Chamberlain area.

Thanks to all of the children and young adults that are getting ready to go back to school for giving us the opportunity to take you fishing. We have just as much fun as you do seeing you enjoy fishing in the outdoors.

Mike Allen