www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Back from Canada

Default Back from Canada

Well you look forward to these trips all year and when they finally get here they go so fast. We spent 10 days up there chasing muskies this year. Muskies are a tough critter no matter where you are. Our group landed 3 muskies the first day, a 48 1/2, 43 1/2 and a 38". That would be it for the next 5 days. We saw a few fish and had a few nip but were unable to land any. We had wind, wind and more wind, rain, and cold. One day we never even hit 50 degrees. One evening we decided to come in a bit early as it did not look like the wind was going to lay down. it took us 52 miniutes to g0 bout 5 miles. The wind was blowing about 30 right down the pipe and we had to go accross. Those were the biggest wave I have ever seen up there. We were in easy 6-7' waves. We opted to ride them and just idle accross. it was the wise decision. it took longer but we were safe and nothing broke. On Friday we boated 3 muskies a 48, 48 1/2, and a 44 1/2. On Saturday when most of our group headed home we boated another 3 fish, a 49, 47, and a 46. On Sunday we save a quite a few fish but only landed one a 44". All - in -all it ended up a good week. Sometimes that extra day or so can make a trip. The water temps dropped up there from the upper 60's to high 50's in a couple days. I am alredy looking forward to next year. The cool thing is of the 7 fish we caught the last 3 days only 2 hit away from the boat. All the rest were on figure 8's. And I think all fish but one came on a double 10 bucktail. I got all 3 of my fish on Spanky's. they have a heavier blade and I like them better. If you do not have any take a look and give one a try. There is nothing like watching an upper 40" fish commit next to the boat. I will post some pictures soon of those fish.

I will be on the water around Rhinelander this week and will try to get a local report ouot by Thursday night for those of you coming up for the weekend.
    Scott Biscobing
    Hodag Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.hodagguideservice.com
    E-Mail Address:hodagguide@gmail.com

Scott,

Sounds like a good trip. I was out on the home lake today from 1230 to 3 PM.
    Water temp was 71.4 in the wind and 73 out of the wind. And it was windy. Caught 3 small smallmouth and 3 largemouth 1 - 15" and 2 at 19". All on plastic worms in 3 to 8 foot of water.

Wayne