www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: A Memorable TFF Trip...

Default A Memorable TFF Trip...

Over the Fourth of July weekend I had the opportunity to take my dad and my 5 year old son fishing on the TFF. This was my boy's first trip to the flowage and it was a memorable one to say the least! I was a bit apprehensive to take him walleye fishing during the "dog days" of summer, because he has the attention span of my Brittany Spaniel (like zero).

I was even more nervous after a quick discussion with Josh (the new Ranger). He mentioned that things had been a little slow for the previous few weeks due to the mayfly hatch. We went anyway, and I'm glad we did.

My son caught the first fish of the day (all by himself). After trying to help him, I was firmly instructed "dad, I can do it myself!" At first glance, I thought it was a small pike, but after a second pass I realized that it was a walleye. Grandpa was quick with the net, and it turned out to be a nice 19" Walleye.

I think I have a newly converted walleye fisherman. Only problem is he thinks they all should be 19". As I was taking this picture he was quick to tell Grandpa to put his fish in front because it was bigger! I will not forget this trip anytime soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Camera 7-09 067.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	6063   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Camera 7-09 064.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	6064   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Camera 7-09 080.jpg 
Views:	527 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	6065  
    Last edited by LundAngler; 07-23-2009 at 12:29 AM.
    "Try not! Do, or do not....there is no try."

Default Ain't life great?

Great! Absolultely great! What more can be said? The TFF has done its magic yet once again. One of life's fantastic moments. Three generations fishing for walleye on the TFF. Priceless!

Hey Lund!

Thanks for the pix. We just got back from a stay at Donner's. The catching wasn't the greatest, but the fishing was fantastic as usual. Watching an Osprey grab a fish made it all the better. Wonderful to see the generations all having fun.
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Default good time

i also fished the flowage a couple days. came away with a 6 smallies, biggest being 16in. also caught a 16in walleye. all fish were caught on humps with wood. had a mystery fish keep on stealing my bait on one hump even when i downsized my jig and worm. lost 3 big fish: one musky on a topwater near dark at little grassy island, something that broke my 6lb fire line by going under the boat and another that bit me off at the point near crows nest. although the fishing wasn't fantastic me and my dad still had a great time on fishing the flowage.

Default pics

16in smallie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02-24-09 039.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	6134