www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 7-17-09 report

Default 7-17-09 report

I think I am finally recovered from the 12+ hour beating my client and I took yesterday. Water temps are now down around where they should be the first or second week of September! To answer Jim's question, the water levels as of now are about the same as the past couple of years, very good in my opinion.

So yesterday we battled 20-30MPH WNW winds and sleet/rain and for our hard work we didn't have much to show. Ended the day with one lost fish that felt good, one real nice fish that just slightly missed a topwater, one 30" class musky boated and about a 6-8 pike.

To all those headed this way in the morning I wish you safe travels, I am headed South for bit.
    First Choice Guide Service
    Brian Jones
    Web Site: http://www.fishingcasslake.com
    612-730-9620

7-18-09
    Got out on Pagodah and east shoreline of oniels last evening from 7 - 9pm. Didn't want to stay much later, as I didn't want to navigate the stream back to Androsia in total darkness without another practice run or two (yeah, I'm still getting used to floating my boat in a foot of water while feeling the bottom draggin in the mud!). Managed to catch on 9inch perch pulling plugs. THere were 4 or 5 other boats working the same area, and they were catching a few, but everything I saw them bring in was small. So either they were sneakier with the big ones, or they were having the same luck I was.

I overheard that someone was having some decent luck using a rather unconventional presentation, so I will give that a go today along with my deep lead core plug pulling. THen tonight hopefully the fish will cooperate and Brian can show me and the wifey how its done up here.

BTW: Brian, if you happen to read this, my wife doesn't plan on tossing the big baits too much tonight. She'll be content watching you and I do it though, until you think its time to try catching eyes. Those big baits just wear her out! Thanks!

Wade