Weather remains an issue. Strong NW winds and drizzle have made fishing uncomfortable but the fish continue to bite. I have been anchoring just off the weeds and pitching jigs with great success, with the winds the way they have been there are limited calm spots to fish so the anchor opens up some other options and some of the windier bays have the more active fish.

I have spent a few hrs over the last couple of days casting for Musky and have had only one follow, again I am sure the low water temps are making things challenging, along with the nasty winds, boat control has been an issue. This morning I casted 5 spots and never saw a fish but picked up a half dozen Pike on a double bladed spinner burned just under the surface.

At some point summer will kick in and things will turn around, its just the way she goes sometimes, keeps things challenging. Keep on casting and please, let those big girls go, we have a great fishery here and we can keep it that way ,harvest selectivly, eat the more abundant 15 and 16 inch walleyes and turn the rest loose,