www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Musky Fishing Report

Default Musky Fishing Report

I'm finally back in full swing after my shoulder dislocation and back out on the water. Musky fishing has been a little slow over all, but there have been a couple of good days in the past week. Until the last couple of days sunny skies have been the dominant weather pattern which always seems to make the fish a little reluctant to bite. The best lures on these sunny days have been bull dawgs, super D's, and shallow invaders. On the darker days prop style topwater baits have worked well. As usual I have been concentrating on the deep weed edges and mid lake structure of area lakes. Try to locate the schools of baitfish on the edges and you should be in business. Caught this nice 40" on a bull dawg fished tight to the weed edge on one of those bright sunny days. Good Luck!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	muskie40.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	5944  
    Andy Huffmaster
    Andy's Guide Service

Web Site: www.andysmuskieguideservice.com

Couple questions for ya...
    Do you spend most of your time on the Flowage or do you guide on some of the other smaller lakes in Iron and northern vilas counties?

Also how have the numbers been this season?

I spend most of my time on the smaller waters in the area. As far as numbers go this year is about average so far, however the numbers on catching big fish (45" plus) are down. With that being said I've had an above average amount of follows from big fish but getting them to hit has been a different story. I don't have any real explanation for this, maybe the extreme swings in the water temperatures have had something to do with it but who knows for sure.
    Andy Huffmaster
    Andy's Guide Service

Web Site: www.andysmuskieguideservice.com