www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: June 13th and 14th report big fish

Default June 13th and 14th report big fish

We had some weather come in yesterday with a little mist and wind. I had brad and Mark out and Brad caught a 41 1/2 inch fish in the morning. Mark had one other follow in the morning. After that I had Gary Brady out for the rest of the day. Gary caught a 38 inch fish and a 39 inch tiger muskie. We saw five other fish for the afternoon/evening. Three fish and six follows total for the day. When we were done a nasty storm rolled through and brought lightning and wind with a little rain mixed in for good measure.

Evidently the lightning put the fish on hold for today. We didn't see a fish all day until at the end I put a baby Ghosttail on and boated a small muskie and ten minutes later caught a big 49 1/2 inch fish. That was our last spot of the day. I was supposed to go back out for a half day trip tonight but I took a tooth to the knuckle and needed some stitches. Kind of freaked me out when I looked down and the joint of my thumb was sticking out. Hopefully there was no tendon damage.

I forgot the best part of the day. At the first spot Gary's son Alex was looking down getting out a backlash in the waves when a wave threw his balance off. He did a belly flop into the lake. We almost died laughing. He's in seventh grade and took it well. There will be no dive teams looking to recruit him.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bigfish1.jpg 
Views:	839 
Size:	177.9 KB 
ID:	5924  
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

great looking fish, way to go.

if you don't mind me asking, how exactly did it get ya--was it thrashing hard in the net?

Nice fish Ty!

Tell Gary hi if you see him again.

I might be up friday night. We'll see.

Later

Great looking fish! Ouch on the knuckle. Actually could see the joint eh? Yeesh!

Nice Fish TY!!!

That should say July 14th and 15th report.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

You da man, Ty! Nice fish.

--Frazier

Kind of a skinny dude, but nice color and a beautiful big tail!!! Nice fish Ty, take care of that knuckle.

Mark

Wink Ouch!!

PSSST! Hey Ty!
    Musky Armor or Lindner's both make a really nice glove.
    Might save on some stitches.

I use Linder's gloves on all my pike and muskies. I learned many years ago in Canada, even smaller pike have sharp teeth! Now I don't take the chance of interrupting my fishing to go to the hospital!

Great fish Ty! Save some of those bad boys for Sunday night!

-Dave-

Great fish, Ty! And Gary caught two as well -- that's the real accomplishment!!

One more thing: Make sure Alex knows he got that falling out of the boat thing from his dad! I know you've heard the "Pete Maina Hookset" story...

Nice fish ! Seems like this has been a rather trippy year for you thus far, Mr. Ty. Mayhaps there is a monster fish waiting to freak you out. Hmmm.

So, how come there isn't any blood in the picture ?

Oh, if you look close at my left hand it's red because I tried to stop some of the bleeding on my right hand with it.

MarkBenson. This picture does absolutely no justice to the size of the fish,which is fine by me. Look at my hand around the tail. We figured this fish went in the thirty five pound range. Gary has caught a ton of big fish so he's a pretty good judge of size. Hard to see the width of the fish in the picture but he was a really heavy/wide fish. We had other things on our mind than getting just the right picture. It was above average for a flowage fish, which are heavy to begin with.

Thanks for the comments guys, Hope to get some more like that this year.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

[QUOTE]Look at my hand around the tail./QUOTE]

Ty:

No doubt about it, I was looking at your hand around the base of the tail, thus my comment regarding that area of the fish. One night a couple of falls ago that was about the only measurement (hand around the base), that I got on a big fish... I thought I was holding my first thirty pound fish. Being by myself and trying to get measurements in the wind and dark... well it decided it was spunky enough to thrash its way loose from my grip. As much as I would have like to have known, I don't.

At any rate, because of that experience, the base of the tail becomes one of my focus points. Don't doubt it is 35# range, its so firm in the belly section that it seems skinny. Ty, take care of that finger, hoping that a little warm weather will fire up the skies for every one and I will be in Mille Lacs over the next week.

Mark

Default guess the spot?

nice fish man, that background just jumped out at me...is it on the west side at the east end of a long narrow lake that starts with a T? Just curious, never caught crap there in 25 years, so I was just shocked that is what it looked like.

thanks

T

Hey Ty,

I took a closer look and there is something odd about the picture. I can't quite put my finger on it...

Nice fish. Was it your drinking hand?

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tyguide.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	168.5 KB 
ID:	5993  

Ty, awesome fish!!! Congrats! I just got one of those Lindy fish gloves and a musky chomped my thumb the first time I used it, probably saved me a trip to hospital.

Tory, nope. The reeds look like that spot though.

Musky Chuck, this was just because of plain old bad luck. It wasn't the hand I was holding the fish with. It cut the hand that I was using to lean on the side of the boat with.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Sorry I didn't catch up with you again Ty but I'm glad you are OK. As for the size of the fish I have a 49" with a verified weight of 34 pounds and this fish absolutely dwarfed it. It was too bad we had other things we were worried about and didn't get a picture with a vertical hold and a top view. My best guess would be easily 37-38 pounds, maybe a little more. The important thing is that we released her unharmed for someone else to catch. I just missed you at Treeland's but I saw Dennis and Sarah and had a couple cocktails with them. Alex and I had 3 fish between 4-4:45pm that day. We got a 36" and he blew a net job on a 42" because he was sleeping in the net and had his rod in it, DOH!!! also lost about a 34" when it got wrapped in the weeds. I'm proud of myself though because I didn't even yell at him, didn't talk to him for 5 minutes but no yelling Great time as always buddy, see you soon!

Alex sleeping in the boat.........no way! Thanks for everything Gary. As always a great time. Glad to hear you had more action later in the week. I'll get that bait done for you and pick out a couple hawgs for the fall.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Talking Stiches out yet¿

Hey Ty,

Not sure if you clicked on the thumbnail image of my earlier post. The photoslop image for the 'June 13th and 14th report big fish' missing digit isn't funny unless you do.

Maybe we'll come up for toothy fish one day instead of multi species fishing prior to muskie season. How's the goby bite?

Nice job on the fish pics and reports.

PS Anymore Sennett Tackle shirts available?

MS

The thumbnail showed the same picture we put up earlier? Not sure what was supposed to pop up.

I do have some shirts left. call me and let me know what you need.

Later,
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Hey Ty,

I know it was subtle, but I made it so you only had 4 fingers. You gotta click on the pic on my first post. What can I say, I get bored sometimes.

When can I do art for a new Sennett Tackle shirt? It doesn't have to have Tupac on it.

Mike

Hey Ty,

I know it was subtle, but I made it so you only had 4 fingers. You gotta click on the pic on my first post. What can I say, I get bored sometimes.

When can I do art for a new Sennett Tackle shirt? It doesn't have to have Tupac on it.

Mike

Now I see it.

Hey, the Tupac Sennett Tackle logo is my favorite. Seriously, I do need some new logos for next show season. Trying to figure something out but I am not the artist that you are. If you think of something let me know.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Smile Sennett Tackle Co. Logo

Hey Ty,

I'll see what I can come up with. Look for something after the lesser vessel's list of chores is done.

Re: musky with head shakin' going on, is Rachel givin' 'er the grits?

MS

Yeah, but it just didn't work out.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843