www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Flambeau river reports?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default St. Croix Kid

Congrats on your recent fishing success. How big were the smallies?? The water levels on the area lakes have risen due to the rains this week. I could not tell you how the fishing was last week because I was on Vermilion for a few days. Nasty weather, high winds and rain but we still managed to get the muskie up. I heard of some BIG muskies caught buy a few fishermen from my area of wisconsin but i cant confirm anything. I believe a 56,53, and 51 by 1 angler. Awesome.
    Good luck fishing
    Joe Brezinski
    Northland Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    Joe Brezinski - Professional Fishing Guide

Web Site: http://www.northlandguideservice.net/

Joe
    the size was much better than the last couple of years. I have been fishing that stretch every year since 1997. the last couple of years I was frankly disappointed by the size. this year was much different. I personally caught at least 2 dozen fish over 14" and a few that approached 17" No real big bruisers but a 17" riverine smallie will flat wear you out! That muskie came after a smallmouth I had hooked. I was wading and didn't have a lure or pole big enough to go after him. I know where he's at. he's been in that hole for a couple of years. it's either him or another fish that may have replaced him.

I would say that you have the smallies dialed in!!! I think some anglers expect to catch 20" smallies and if they don't its a ##### day. I would love to have action all day long and catching fish in the 17" range can really put up a fight in the river. By the way where did you say that muskie was located? Just kidding!!
    Take Care
    Joe
    Northland Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    Joe Brezinski - Professional Fishing Guide

Web Site: http://www.northlandguideservice.net/

the action was non stop. don't get me wrong there were lots of 12" fish also but overall the size was great. a 20" is rare there but we have caught them.

drop me your e-mail to kornflambeau@yahoo.com
    i know the guy who we rent canoes from wants that fish out of there. screwing up his walleye hole. it's a biggun. we've moved it two years in a row. use something that looks like a smallie because he chews them up. the thing about that hole is if you take a muskie out of there another one will replace it.