Default Toad - Canada Trip?

Well...How was it?

Details?

Stories?

Pix?

Injuries?

Fish?

Default Trip was fun...

Had a good time in Canada this year. Not as good fishing as past years, but the guys I go with wanted to try a different lake.....not my idea, but since I wasn't planning on going, I didn't really have any input on the trip. Halfpint and I were gonna take a year off and save some money this year, and head back a year later so the trip didn't get old. (Silly thought, looking back, cause once June came around I got seriously depressed about not going) Anyway, I got a call on Monday the week of the trip (we leave on Thursday night to head up there) and found out that one of the guys dropped out at the last minute and that he would pay for someone to take his place on the trip....sooooo, I had to go for the sake of the team, lol.

Got packed as quickly as possible and headed up to the new lake, which is a walleye/pike lake. We got up there and the fishing was good....for walleye...which was fun but not really anything in the trophy department for pike, although I tried hard. The lake we normally fish on is full of whitefish, and no walleyes, which make the fish a lot bigger. Got a few pike on bulldawgs, but nothing of any size. Most of the pike I got while fishing for wally's. And we caught a lot of them. Could catch 20 fish an hour easy most times. And decent fish too, with lots in the 20-25 inch range, but not much bigger than that. Lots of hammer handles, which this year we were calling pike in the mid 20's and lower (unlike the other lake, which we called 35" fish and below hammer handles....spoiled, I know)

But all in all, it was fun and relaxing, especially after the crappy spring I had. I also got lucky this year and got close enough to a moose to get a couple pictures. Lots of Eagles around too.

I didn't get any injuries this year, but I did get to be the hook remover rather than the removee for a change. Good thing someone on the trip knew how to do it, or the guy might have passed out.

Luckily we got a spot on the other lake next year, so I can go for a big pike again, or a nice laker. Don't get me wrong, the walleyes were fun to catch and great eating, but the trophy hunter in me was getting a little bored at times. But it beat being at work for a week, and it was good seeing some friends that I only get to see once a year. Can't wait till next year though. At least fall is still in front of me. Suckah time...can't wait.

Default A couple more pics

Here are a few more pics of the moose and eagle.

Well...at least you got to get away and head up there and relax and have some fun. Regardless of whether or not any big fish were caught.

Sounds like a great time all the same. And....again...great pix and thanks for sharing. I'm always envious...