www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Flatlander Updates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Flatlanders Update

I don't know what to think of this silence emanating from The Bay Store.
    Come on Boys, we're dying here for lack of feedback!

Hey Sully, what you talking about - "I know you are busy", those swinging Richards are fishing LOTW, we're the ones back here working!

Looks like texting works all the way up in canada from Rockford. I asked Scottie Grabow for a report today & here is how he responded.

3 fish in camp, tough week so far but I got big fish 46.5"

Whats goin on up there. Its pretty quiet. We need an update Frank

Carol & I are leaving Thursday afternoon, and there is no way we are going to have a trip like we did that first week of July last year they are going to start turning on big time!!!!!! By friday ___ they better or we are going to do a lot of bass & walleye fishing hope they are bitting?

Darren

Wish I was there but...
    Although tomorrow ought to get interesting with a projected high of 58 degrees and wind.Darren you may be breaking ice and 'resorting' to your trolling tricks.

Well still no word I see.I did hear about another group and,no surprise,its tough going.I did hear though that a biggie or two has been caught.
    I also just checked the weather.NOAA still says a high of 56 and windy today.Its turned into a 'Deadliest Catch' episode I'm afraid.A shame but Ma Nature can be brutal.
    Just wish my situation was such I could be there and help around the place as planned.Life.
    I hope today clicks for all!
    Dick

Leaving in an hour or two, go figure first week of November up there last year we had 68 for a few days now the 50's for the third week of July at least they are calling for better weather sat & sunday. This last week had the crappy weather we had that first week of July last year with all the rain and tornados. D what was the pattern after we left last with all that bad weather? I know you guys started catching fish when we left when the weather got nice.
    Darren

Hey it was nice to meet all of the flatlanders and Frank and Laura. This was my first year at baystore and second on lake of the woods. After the wild weather last year too, I am starting to think that 62 degree water temperature is "normal" for mid July on Lake of the Woods.

We caught fish throughout the week, in random places and a lot of the fish we saw we got to bite. Most of our fish came boatside, and all came in short feeding windows. When we saw one fish, we were ready for another as we would often see two or three fish before it died back down. This meant many long hours of casting and seeing nothing too, just waiting for that 5 minute window of activity.

We caught our fish on twitch baits and bucktails, with many coming off of our homemade double ten bucktails. 44, 43,42, 40.5 were the biggest of our ten fish for the week in our boat. The three of us all had another shot at mid 40 inch fish some time in the week, and we did see one giant, but it wouldn't take.

Bonus Northern were also the norm all week, with a 41 and 38 incher, and multiple mid-30 inch fish boated throughout the week.

All in all, baystore is the real deal, an extremely clean fishing camp with some of the nicest hosts you could ask for. Hope the weather stabilizes for you guys as I know it will.

Thanks,

TJ Sportsman

Thanks for the update. You guys are a great fit here. Great fishermen, that can put up with my crap, and poor attitude.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Amen on 'the fit'.Actually,amen on the 'crap' and 'attitude' as well.