www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Sat eve, Sun morn.

Default Sat eve, Sun morn.

Got up late Sat. and got in some topwater work for smallies or Skis - had some nudges and swirls but not eating it. Tried the river Sun. a.m. and I had to go through a lot of presentations before I found what they wanted; Gulp Jerk shads on a VMC jerk bait hook. I mention the hook because I have snapped off traditional straight shanks more than once. Anyway, rolled one very pretty bright green ski 3 times, he just didn't want it. Got 6 smallies, the largest was 20" right on the nose but didn't have the bulk or dark color the big ones usually do. Caught a 16.75" later and that was a heavier fish than the 20". I saw some brutes - they just came out to laugh at me, one that I thought was coming for the lure kept right on going and cleared out. These old dudes know the score immediately - they see a lure, they take off. Oh yeah, had several sturgeon leap around me Sat. evening, I think they were trying to listen to the hootenanny coming from the Donner's area.

Default river

hey bezzel,
    thanks for the river repo. i am going to fish it in a couple of weeks. did you go out of Robinson landing? what was the water level like?

Geez, Croix, I thought he might have been on the flowage still, but up the river... Wouldn't have thought about going downstream.

Mark

Default river

I fish both up and downstream, the water downstream is low... difficult even for canoes but you can get through. Upstream not a problem.

Default thanks

we are fishing way down by Fifield. water probably way low there also.

St Croix

Any reports from the Fifield area on the river ?

thx

Default fishin

won't be there until 7/25. am going to fish the river everyday until the 28th.