Fishing the past week was Great for Walleye, Good for Musky and Fair for Small Mouth Bass. Weather was cool and overcast for most of the week. Few pretty good periods of rain followed by scattered clouds but never kept us off the lake.

Walleye were available in virtually any location on the lake and some were even taken on Topwater baits while fishing for Musky. Hard to believe. Glad I have it on film.

Large Walleye appear to be very stressed out. Main Lake Hump had very small fish this year, but virtually every shore line or mid lake hump or weed line had fish around it at 6-12 ft. Slip Bobber or jigs/ leech. Very productive all day long for 14-24 inch fish

Did not matter where you were at on the lake, pattern held true.

Musky were very interested in topwater this past week. After a full day of dragging bucktails with nothing...topwater was key to high interest follows and putting them in the net. No Giants this week in the boat but saw one that made me look twice before it disappeared. Our group of eleven guys caught and released over 50 Musky for the week. A little lower than normal for our group but we enjoyed it.

This was actually the first year in a decade that I did not have a Musky eat one of my 'eyes as I was reeling him in off the bottom. They must be eating well. Maybe another reason the Musky fishing is a little off... food is plentiful and they have full bellies.

Small Mouth didn't take the usual crankbait offering. This week they wanted jerkbaits. Rouges or Rapalas that suspended. All bites Came on a dead stick.

Several good ones were caught on yellow curly tail grubs as well.

Best tip for the week fish slow and stop your bait often and watch your line.

Truly was the case this past week of never knowing what was going to be on the hook.

Canyon Lake always gives you enough to bring you back again the next year and always creates a memory.