This is one crazy summer
Our musky fishermen are casting into shore near moving water with thier big ole musky plugs and catching monster walleye. The May fly hatch started about a week ago and the walleye are still hungry as heck. They are biting in the shallows and down deep.
The musky were very active last week but aren't quite as hungry this week. Lots spotted but not as many biters.
Bass are still not doing too much, they should be getting hungry soon. There have been a few pretty nice ones up to 18" caught in the last week but not fast and furious.
We've had a few days of some pretty good wind that turned over the lake late last week so the temp dropped a bit again but warming up with the strong sun.
Lake trout have been biting very well. Wayne was out at a couple of different lakes in the last week and did well every time. No lunkers but a couple smokers and some real nice eaters. I got out with him once and I couldn't believe how shallow they were for this time of the year. We caught most of them in 25-30 feet but I even caught one in 20 feet! What a blast!
We have a slow week this week so I am hoping to get out a couple of times so I have more first hand knowlege

Happy Fishing!

Lydia