www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Stolen Tackle at MWC!!!

Default Stolen Tackle at MWC!!!

Please alert the authorities if you hear/see any large amount of tackle for sale. Several guys fishing the MWC Tourney in Menominee this weekend woke up this morning to find their tackle and rods etc. had been stolen from their boats overnight!
    Kevin Lee

i live in menominee, and its sad,but lately every day i pick up the paper the police blotter is filled with stolen merchandise. from boat motors, tackle, gps, to flat screens out of houses,i put all my equipment in my garage everyday now, not something i was ever to worried about before

also, king fishing getting pretty good down here, many 20 plus # fish being caught,including my 28# last sunday

Default Sunken boat at MWC

Took my kids down to Menominee this afternoon to watch the weigh in (Nice show by the way with some nice baskets brought in-thanks MWC and GLSF). The last team on stage had quite a story. As they were motoring back to the marina for the weigh in they noticed an unusually large rooster tail behind their rig. As they got into the marina they realized they were taking on water very fast. Their boat wound up going down in the harbor. One of them dove in and found the livewell to rescue their catch. Even though it was only one fish, they were able to get it weighed. Not sure how or when they were going to rescue the boat. Quite a story! P.S. Day two of the tournament is Sunday with boats due in at 4:00.

The live leaderboard of walleyecentral.com has phots of the boat. It is the Bodinger brothers from Chilton,wi. The transom on their tracker had cracks in it that couldn't keep up to the bilge pump.
    The m&m glsf club is offering up a $500 reward towards finding the thieves from the other night.
    http://www.liveleaderboard.com/Event...s/100_6995.htm
    Last edited by slim jim; 07-12-2009 at 04:59 PM.

Word from our fishing club that there are 2 people arrested as of yesterday.