www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: King Salmon Fishing!!

1. Default King Salmon Fishing!!

Wow what and incredible few weeks! The bite is steady all day with some limit catch mornings and afternoons, and the fish are simply BIG!!! I haven't seen fish this big for at least 5 or 6 years.... and we aren't just catching one big fish, right now it's not uncommon to have a several fish over 20 pounds in one trip... Ben landed a 25 pounded yesterday afternoon and they just broke a landing net on a 28.5 pounder this morning!!! Take a look at the photos from this Tuesday, we had a 20 fish limit by 8 a.m. and they were all BIG.... The trip consisted of several double and triples and the photo of 4 on at once!!!
    Click here for photos: http://www.reelactioncharters.com/photo-log.shtml
    Reel Action Charters
    Captain Scott Gutschow

Web Site: http://www.reelactioncharters.com/index.shtml

Beautiful fish, great job to all. I heard it really picked up there in the past week or two. I have some friends with private rigs up there that said it really turned up a notch this week off the Bank. We had a week like that last week at Algoma. This week it's back to normal, working a bit harder between the dawn and dusk flurry for most, but some still spanking 'em. I know a couple boats ventured up your way on long trips to see if they could get in on the hot bite yesterday. Water really warmed up down here and the fish seemed to turn off some for us privates. Still managed five aboard the 18-footer in three hours yesterday (I know, that's a good first 15 minutes for a charter on fish!). Tons of 'em marking though so hopefully this wind switch will cool it back down. Keep up the good catches and congrats on the 28+ monster!

Congratulations to the winning team in the Kewaunee Offshore Challenge that caught their winning cooler of 131 pounds on 10 fish on the BANK REEF.

I hear it was hammer time up there for the charters today. Was the same in Algoma for the charters in recent days.

We couldn't get a bite the first couple hours here on my 18-footer but the next two went 5-for-9, including a 13-pound rainbow. Some friends did a whole lot better numbers-wise but oh well, that's fishing. If it was all about the limits, then we should all hang it up, because it's not going to happen like that the majority of the time.