www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Trolling way back!

Default Trolling way back!

For those that may practice the 60-100 ft back now that the Musky are deeper do you have the proper equipment to insure that fish gets released alive and well?We have some quality fish now swimming in our inland lakes but unless the proper equipment is used some of those fish will DIE because of the stress called DELAYED MORTALITY I call it lack of control.You wanna troll back 60-100 then by God, make sure you have the right stuff to be able to get the fish in and back in a small amount of time.Some of you that may be reading this realize I saw the results of those no names, who troilled way way back and 1 of those fish would have hit the 48inch class this year!I could care less how many Musky any angler in Ohio has caught but my hats off to all the guys that have a 100% alive and well record and I know there are a good number of guys that can say that.This is the time where screw ups begin to occur they dont occur with those who use PROPER EQUIPMENT and dont spend time weighing and measuring guess thats what seperates the men from the boys.My PASSION for keeping what we have alive and well is stronger then its ever been we keep what we have ALIVE were gonna see the 50s and if you dont dream of that take up golfing! C.B

-David Foor
    Last edited by David_4; 07-14-2009 at 07:01 PM.

Default Asking before Doing?

David, Your right I posted on 2 sites MAIN REASON I have never in mylife gone 60-100 back trolling!I was seeking proper info before I took on going that far back now Ive gained that info that it can be done.Can it be done with Ugly Sticks and mono line?Bet my boat some will try and realize I was focusing on PROPER EQUIPMENT which I have NO DOUBT, Tom, would agree!You wanna copy and paste me, then be a man and keep the thread open.I have been humbled before it makes me a better fisherman.Not so sure your attitude towards me hasnt made me better but ya gotta let me speak my thoughts if not its just a GAME!Lets post our biggest fish pics of all time Walleye,Largemouth,Smallmouth,Crappie,Catfish,Blue gill,Bowfin,Carp and Musky caught in Ohio heck you can even use your Wisc pics lets see who would hire who! C.B P.S Won the over 50 title as a Coach this year life is GOOD!

Default Trolling

Seems like you were telling people how to do it instead of asking.

Default Trolling way back!

I apologize for being critical about trolling lures down below 15 foot depths during the warmer water period.As long as a Musky swims away alive and well to fight again is all that matters.If its okay to troll down deep when the surface temps reach max then no one should have a problem with someone using live suckers and quick strike rigs when the water cools back down! C.B