www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Anyone else have problems w/ Dunwright Lifelike lures

Default Anyone else have problems w/ Dunwright Lifelike lures

Is anyone having problems with their lifelike lures? The action on theese lures is great and you can see them on youtube @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8y-THew96c
    I recently bought 5 of their lures
    2 10" perch 1 12" pike 8" pike and the panfish. I bought theese lures 2 weeks ago on fathers day. The 10" perch in the firetiger color broke the first day i used it like the 20th cast I thumbed the baitcaster to stop short of the weedline so it wouldn't fouland it came in funny like i had the leader around the hook however upon reeling it in I realized that the front piece of rubber had broken and the hard plastic lure body was totally out of the front of the lure. the other 10" perch in glow crappie worked great for the first couple of days then the body stopped taking in water and when you pause on the retreive the lure rises like a rapala or a suick (actually i dont mind this so much as it makes it ezier to use in weedy shallow water) however it is not how it was intended to run, it floats even with the weight on lol. I love the 8" pike has great action and have had 4 or 5 follows on the all white one. the 12" pike i have had like 5 or 6 follows and 1 hit but this bait has a weird thing with the nose it looks after every couple of casts like the head is pointing up and the body is straight like this ____/ !! anyway i dropped alot of cash on mostly dunwright lifelike lures and love the action of theese lures but have serious concerns about the durability. I have 1 broken, 1 floating one , 2 perfect ones and 1 stuck up 12" pike (nose in the air) Incidentally I also have a storm and ssome bulldawgs and havent had any durability issues. Any feedback would be appreciated because the boxes had no warranty info or anything so I assume I am SC---ED. In conclusion i highly recommend the 8' pike i recommend the 12" pike although not perfact and love the action but not the durability of the 10" perch: the flat tail not the huge curly tailed one. the panfish one seems solid but no action on it so far not even a looker. Any advise on how to solve this or similar storis would be appreciated. Thanx fellow hunters.
    Malingerer-(mal-ing-er-er) one who feigns sickness or injury to avoid work.(and go musky fishing)

Musky:

Let me send this to an acquaintance who may forward to the owner of the company...

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Benson; 07-06-2009 at 02:44 PM.

Musky:

Check your private messages at the top right corner of the page. I have sent you info to contact Dunwright Tackle. The owner has been notified of your phone call or email... Send me a private message back to keep me up-to-date.

Mark

Default durability

I too purchased a number of the sinking distressed Pike...it is the only lure that has ever but two 40 plus fish in my boat in only four casts.. and on the heavily pressed waters, they work even better, but they are not built to last...in fact..most of them can not even hold up to a whole day of fishing...and they most certainly can not take the rocks in Canada... just another good idea...with poor execution....and another example of buyer beware....

rgh:

You got mail...

I am not defending anyone here from Dunwright, just have a contact that may be able to get you in touch with the owner of the company who might like to hear your story on how to improve his baits.. Certainly seems like a way of getting service for your dollar rather than bashing them without them being able to respond.

Mark

cool thanx for the info i havent checked back since i posted but ill try to get ahold of him . I was not intending to bash anyone but was looking for advise on how to proceed (just dont feel like driving 45 min back to rollie and helens) didnt figure there was a warrantee I will get a hold of dunwright and try to resolve it . The lures are great and the youtube video is accurate you can get those lures to do what the video does in like 2 min out of the box. Best action on a lure i have ever seen they look real. I will keep posts up to let ppl know how it goes

I have contacted the owner of the company after learning how and he said he will replace any defective baits so I am waiting for them to be shipped will post updates. Seems like a cool dude. Also he said he has redesigned the internal harness to prevent this so i will also report on new design. Thanx marc benson for informing me of the website and the warrantee, thats what theese boards are all about I applaud anyone who would take the time to help others solve their problems . I saw that video but never visited the dunwright website because it isnt dunwright . com its dunwrighttackle.com thanx again.

The owner of the company has sent me the first of the replacements so all is well that ends well other ones are coming thanx guys for the help

Just here to say that the customer service at Dunwright is SUPERB. I ordered a 8" pike lure, didn't get it in the mail, called their company, and was quickly mailed 2 lures for the price of one. They were extremely polite and apologetic for not mailing out the original order. Looking forward to using their product up north next week...

-Dan

Default NO more problem

I recieved my replacement lures from dan @ Dunwright a couple days ago and have used one of them a bit with no problems gonna try the 12" pike on monday I hope
    Any have n problem recommending theese lures as he replaced the defective ones.

Musky:

Glad that that worked out, I had heard too many good things about Dan not to help get you a shot at getting it right.

Mark