www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: July 3-09

Default July 3-09

Walleye fishing from Colchester to Leamington has tapered off some but limits are still being taken. If you are running harnesses bring LOTS of worns, the sheephead, silver bass and white perch are very aggressive. I fished out of Leamington on Wed boating 12 walleyes with one over 6#. I was 4-5 miles out in 35 fow pulling harnesses in a variety of colors but there was no real pattern to the walleyes.
    Steelhead action from Wheatley to Erieau is starting and I am looking forward to some high flying action. As for fishing action I would have to say I find fishing for the chromers the most fun. If you are heading out of Wheatley try running orange/gold colored spoons 20-35 down on your riggers. Walker deeper divers will also get you to these depths.
    Bass fishing has started with a bang and LSC is giving up some great numbers. Most are dragging tubes or finding structure and drop shotting. Good numbers are of fish are being caught on the south shore of LSC in 6-10fow.
    Musky fishing has been hot lately with some great numbers of small fish being caught. These smaller fish are a great sign that the muskies have rebounded well from the VHS virus that hit the LSC musky population in 2006, Bucktails have been a good producer as well as body baits like the Woodies and Slashers. Try fishing 12-16 fow on the south shore from the Pike to the Ruscom River.

I have some dates available in the next few wks if you need a guide drop me an email or call.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP_0021.JPG 
Views:	341 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	5646  
    Chartertalk Guide Service
    Bob Devine

Web Site: http://www.chartertalk.com/

Thanks to:
    Off Shore Tackle, St Croix Rods, Pure Water Brand, Northland Tackle, Okuma Fishing, Torpedo Fishing Products