What a roller coaster 2 weeks.....first water temps jump 13 degrees in 5 days, then we have 6 days of hot flat weather, then a recent cold front that dropped water temps up to 18 degrees in 4 days....WOW!

I've seen water temps as cool as 63 degrees on a shallow lake Wedsnesday....most lakes are holding their own at 66 to 68.

I don't have enough time or space to explain what this does to fish in their environment....anyway, fishing has been good despite the huge swings.

I fished walleyes for the first time in 2 weeks yesterday and had a 4 man limit in 3 hours....fish were very active in 25 feet of water on mud/sand transitions...slip bobbers and leeches kicked butt. Most of the larger deep lakes are settling in to their summer patterns...fishing will remain good for walleyes(on a deep bite) for quite some time. Remember to use the "cleanest" set-ups....6lb line, lightest sinker you can get by with, tie direct to everything, and try to use floruocarbon lines..

Deep coontail, sand bars, and transition lines are the key for walleyes, and most importantly, avoiding mayflies....also, key in on the time of day....early morning 5 am to 9 am or last couple hours of light...don't expect to go out at noon and pound walleyes...

Muskies were very active during the cool down, but slowed up a little....however, I know of some nice fish caught yesterday while I was walleye fishing(go figure)...deep weed edges are key right now....night fishing is going to start producing more consistant action too.

Weed edges......DD's, Cowgirls, Bulldawgs, Depthraiders
Open water(suspended).....DDD's, Bulldawgs, Mo Joe's, Mepps Giant Killer Sassy Shad
Weedy Flats.....Bucktails, bucktails, bucktails.....Cowgirls, Rabid Squirrels, Shumway Flashers

I'll post some pics later

Good Luck!!