www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Weekend Report 6/26-6/28

Default Weekend Report 6/26-6/28

My wife and I fished this past weekend up in Vilas. I fished a handful of lakes around Phelps area and really never nailed down a pattern. I moved fish on cranks and dawgs both shallow and deep. Lost one decent fish that ate on about the 9 time around on the 8 on a crank. Towards evening I went to topwater and had a giant explode on it about 15 yds out from the boat but he managed to miss the thing and never was seen again. After dark I lost another fish on blades over cabbage. Sunday it was really hard to keep any type of boat control with the 30 mph winds but my wife managed to move 2 smaller fish on cranks. Will be back up on Thurs.

Mr Musky

Thanks for the report, Craig. Had a lot of mixed muskie reports over the weekend. A lot of fish caught in the Eagle River PMTT, congrats to Manthei for winning it. Mark and Clay also won the Squirrel WMT to regain the lead for t.o.t.y. They said the fishing was tough, had to work for what they got. It'll be interesting to see what this cold front does to the fish for next weekend. I think that the heavy winds will mix the hot surface water down, and with a warm up by the 4th it could be really good. Be sure to let us know how you do next weekend.

JS
    J.Sloan
    Badfish Outdoors
    Producer/Cameras/Editor
    Web Site: http://www.badfishoutdoors.net